Re: remove output for scripts executed in cron

Done

On 2009-12-16 16:12, Task-By Christian Lathion wrote:
When a cron script produces an output that would go to console, it is by default sent via email.
In our case these emails are local to the computer, and are sent to user "sona".

You can see them with the command "mail -u sona".

Remove unneeded output from your scripts, or redirect it to text files.
Otherwise it creates thousands of emails (I cleared the old ones).

If it is useful monitoring output, you could also send it to alerts@unappel.ch.